• J.D. St. Louis University School of Law, 1987
• B.A. St. Louis University, 1984
• USA&M Mediator Training, 2018
• Civil and Divorce Mediation Training, 2018
• Civil Mediator Training, UMKC, 2018
Wes Kozeny is an attorney and entrepreneur that bridges the divide between legal requirements and business exigencies. He is also an active mediator and participant in the landlord tenant mediation program sponsored by Washington University School of Law, EHOC, USA&M and the St. Louis City and County Circuit Courts. Over his career, his law practice has included representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in litigation and non-litigation transactions and disputes.
Practice areas for Wes include banking and finance; commercial and residential real estate transactions; contract disputes; mergers and acquisitions; partner disputes; employment law; construction disputes; Fair Debt Collection Practice Act; title disputes and litigation; enforcement of mortgages and deeds of trust; bankruptcy and insolvency; business formation and governance; landlord tenant matters; federal laws and regulations governing the manufacture and sale of firearms.
He is a founding partner of Kozeny & McCubbin, LC and Insight Title Company. In addition, he founded a national nonprofit organization, the American Legal & Financial Network (ALFN). Wes served on the Board of Directors of ALFN from its founding in 2002 through 2016 and as its President/CEO from 2013-2015. KMC Information Systems, LC, a technology company he founded, developed a law firm practice management system (CaseAware) which was initially used by his firm and quickly established a nationwide customer base of law firms. Wes has been a regular speaker and has published many articles directed to the mortgage banking industry. He has learned during his career that the law guides us and finesse is required to successfully apply the law to achieve practical and sometimes creative results.
• Missouri Bar, 1987
• Illinois Bar, 1988
• Nebraska Bar, 2002
• Iowa Bar, 2002 (inactive)
• Kansas Bar, 2012
• New York Bar, 2012
• Oklahoma Bar, 2013
• Texas Bar, 2013
• United States District Courts – EDMO, WDMO, NDIL, CDIL, SDIL; District of Nebraska, NDIA, SDIA, District of Kansas, NDNY, SDNY, EDNY, WDNY, NDOK, WDTX, SDTX;
• Association of Missouri Mediators
• Association for Conflict Resolution
• Association of Family and Conciliatory Courts
• Academy of Professional Family Mediators
• American Legal & Financial Network (ALFN)