• LL.M. University of Missouri-Columbia, 2004
• J.D. St. Louis University, 1984
• BS University of Central Missouri, 1980 magna cum laude
• CDR Associates Mediation Training, Boulder, CO 1991
• CDR Associates Conflict Management Systems Design training, Boulder, CO 1995
• Advanced Mediation Training, USA&M
Jim Reeves has been a mediator for over 20 years. He mediates business and legal disputes involving general tort liability, medical malpractice, products liability, employment and workplace, condemnation, family business issues, partnership disputes, and general business and commercial disputes. Jim also has expertise convening multi-party processes to resolve legal, organizational, community, and public policy disputes. Jim was a litigation attorney for over 19 years and has operated his own firm providing mediation, facilitation, and conflict management services to individuals, businesses, and not-for-profit organizations. He has also held executive management positions in corporate and small business environments. He is an adjunct professor of law at Washington University in St. Louis where he teaches Mediation Theory & Practice, and Multi-Party and Public Policy Dispute Resolution. He is also an adjunct professor of law at St. Louis University where he teaches Civil Practice and Negotiation.
• Served on various mediation panels: USA&M, EEOC, US Veterans Administration, National Archives and Records Administration, the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, St. Louis Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts, and various federal and state courts.
• Volunteer facilitator in the Victim-Offender Dialogue Program in the St. Louis County (Missouri) Family Court, Juvenile Division.
• Missouri Bar, former chair, ADR Committee
• Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, former chair, ADR Committee
• Association of Missouri Mediators, former President
• Human Resource Management Association, member
• St. Louis Organization Development Network, member
• Licensed in Missouri, Illinois, and Colorado