- University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law, J.D. with distinction, 1978
- University of Missouri – St. Louis, B.A. (economics), 1973
- University of Missouri – Columbia School of Law Mediator Training (certificate), 2000
Mike Hart is of Counsel to the firm of Copeland Thompson Jeep PC. Mike started his legal work in a small firm in Independence, Missouri, then went to Peper Martin Jensen Maichel & Hetlage in St. Louis, which later became part of Blackwell Sanders Peper Martin. Mike’s practice has involved numerous and varied civil litigation matters, including securities laws, contractual claims, commercial disputes, construction claims, product liability, employment law, civil rights, and transportation law. He has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in these matters, including individuals, small businesses and corporations. Mike has tried many jury cases to conclusion, in addition to court tried cases and administrative hearings. He has also been engaged to represent government entities in various litigation matters. Mike has had extensive experience in federal and state appellate courts. Mike has been qualified as a mediator since 2000 and had mediated many different types of civil litigation matters.
Mike was on the Regional Disciplinary Committee for St. Louis City (appointed by the Missouri Supreme Court), both as a member and a special representative. Mike served on active duty with the U.S. Navy 1973 -1976 as a line officer, and then in the Naval Reserve from 1976 until his retirement as a Commander in 1996.
- Member, Missouri Bar & Illinois Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Naval Reserve Association
- Transportation Lawyers Association