• J.D. – University of Missouri-Kansas City, 1981
• B.A. – University of Vermont, 1976
• University of Bath, Bath, England
Martha Brown has been practicing in the field of Elder Law and Special Needs for over 30 years and is a Certified Elder Law Attorney* as certified by the National Elder Law Foundation. Her firm, Martha C. Brown & Associates, LLC concentrates on the unique legal needs of the elderly, people with disabilities and the families who care for them.
Ms. Brown has received numerous awards for her work with the elderly and disabled, including the 2008 Powley Award, presented to a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, who is recognized in their community as a leader in promoting a greater understanding of the rights and needs of elders and persons with special needs and advocating for those rights. She has also been designated a “Super Lawyer” every year since 2006 and named “Best Lawyer in America” every year since 2013. Ms. Brown has completed advanced training to become certified as a Mediator in the areas of Adult Guardianship and Eldercare from Zena D. Zumeta, J.D., a nationally known expert in the area of Elder Mediation. Ms. Brown served for eight years on the St. Louis County Disciplinary Committee for the Missouri Supreme Court, which is a committee that handles disciplinary matters involving attorneys.
• Board President, Association for Aging with Developmental Disabilities
• Board Secretary, NAMI-St. Louis Chapter
• Member and past Board Member, The Special Needs Alliance, LLC
• Founding Member and past President, Missouri Chapter of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
• Fellow, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
• Member, Council of Advanced Practitioners of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
• Fellow, American College of Trusts and Estates Counsel
• Past Member, Missouri Guardianship Statutory Reform Task Force
• Past Board Member, Mid-East Area Agency on Aging
• Past Board Member, Voyce formerly known as Long Term Care Ombudsman Programs for Eastern Missouri
• Past Board Member, St. Louis Bar Foundation
• Chair, Missouri Bar Elder Law Committee 2001-2004
• Member, The Alzheimer’s Association; Member, The Missouri Bar
• Member, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
*Neither the Supreme Court of MO nor the Missouri Bar reviews or approves certifications, organizations or specialist designations.