- J.D., Saint Louis University, Saint Louis University Law Journal, 1973
- A.B., Saint Louis University, 1970
- Civil Mediation Training University of Missouri School of Law
- USA&M Advanced Mediator Training
Kevin O’Malley is Of Counsel with Greensfelder Hemker & Gale P.C. and previously served the country as the United States Ambassador to Ireland, nominated by President Obama June 5, 2014. He led the medical negligence and white-collar crime areas of practice at the Greensfelder firm. A former federal prosecutor, he has tried numerous cases to conclusion in the federal and state courts of Missouri, Illinois, California and Arizona representing plaintiffs and defendants. He is the senior author of the nine-volume treatise Federal Jury Practice and Instructions. He was appointed to serve on the Missouri Board for the Healing Arts, the state’s licensing and disciplinary authority for physicians, as its only non-physician member. The doctors subsequently elected him to serve as their president. He also teaches American law in Ireland and served as a Non-Executive Director of Greencore Group plc, a large international food company headquartered in Dublin and traded on the London Stock Exchange. In 2019, he was appointed as the Ambassador in Residence and Professor of Practice affiliated with the Center for International and Comparative Law at Saint Louis University School of Law. He was awarded an honorary doctorate by St. Louis University, the Award of Honor of the St. Louis Lawyers Association, and recently elected to the SLU Law School Hall of Fame.
- Missouri, District of Columbia and Illinois
- U.S. District Courts for Eastern District of Missouri, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Courts of Appeal Eighth and Ninth Circuits
- Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers.