• USA&M, Basic Mediator Training, 2004 – present
• Mediating Environmental and Public Policy Disputes, CDR Associates, Boulder, Colorado, 1998
• Mediation for the Professional, Center for Dispute Settlement, Washington, D.C., 1996
• St. Louis University School of Law, J.D. cum laude 1987
• Benedictine College, B.A. magna cum laude 1981
Ms. Whitby is an attorney in the St. Louis office of Spencer Fane Britt & Browne, LLP, where she concentrates her practice in environmental law, dispute resolution and complex litigation. Her year of experience have focused primarily on problem-solving for complex, multi-party business disputes, and she has worked as a third-party neutral as well as an attorney in private practice. From 1995 to 2002, Ms. Whitby was a third-party neutral, first as the head of the ADR division for Clean Sites, Inc., a national non-profit organization, and then as a solo practitioner providing mediation, arbitration and facilitation services and designing dispute resolution processes. Prior to joining Clean Sites, Ms. Whitby was a partner with Husch & Eppenberger in its St. Louis office.
Ms. Whitby has served as a third-party neutral for more than 70 multi-party disputes and dialogues, and acted as the internal neutral or settlement facilitator for clients in dozens more projects. She is an approved neutral on the roster list maintained by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri; was in the first group of neutrals approved for the National Roster of Environmental Dispute Resolution and Consensus Building Professionals prepare by the U.S. Institute of Environmental Conflict Resolution; and was on the CPR Institute for Dispute Resolution’s Panels of Distinguished Neutrals. Ms. Whitby is a frequent speaker and trainer on ADR topics and CLE sessions both locally and nationally. She is admitted to practice in Missouri and Illinois. For additional information regarding Ms. Whitby, please go to Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP.
• Missouri Bar
• American Bar Association, Sections of Dispute Resolution (DR), and Environment, Energy and Resources (SEER)
• Past Chair of the SEER ADR Committee and SEER’s representative to the DR Section’s Advisory Committee