- USA&M Advanced Mediation Training
- Civil Mediation Training
- University of Missouri School of Law
- Supplemental Mediation Training for the United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, 1973, from Washington University
- Juris Doctors degree, 1976, from St. Louis University School of Law
- Supreme Court of Missouri and admitted
before the Supreme Court of the United States
- He has practiced before the National Labor Relations Board, the United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Missouri, and Southern and Central Districts of Illinois.
- member and former President of the Mound City Bar Association
- member of the Missouri Bar, the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, the St. Louis County Bar and the National Bar Association
- former board member of the Bar Foundation of St. Louis
- board member of the Betty Jean Kerr People’s Health Centers
- board member of the Northside Youth and Senior Service Center, Inc.
- member and former Justice for Phi Alpha Delta, legal fraternity, and was editor of the quarterly law student journal, BALSA Reports