• Saint Louis University Law School, J.D., 2000
• Webster University, M.B.A., 1992
• Goldfarb College of Nursing, R.N., 1981
*See online calendar below*
Ms. Harmon is an experienced mediator, litigator and corporate counsel. She recently retired from Global Medical Response, Inc. (GMR) where for many years she had responsibility of all forms of insured litigation including catastrophic injuries, medical malpractice, general liability, automobile, cyber-attacks, aviation accidents, employment claims, workers’ compensation, intellectual property, and contractual matters. GMR is a Fortune 500 corporation and the largest provider of air and ground medical transport services in the world. Previously, Ms. Harmon was General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer for Lutheran Senior Services and Legatus Emergency Services.
Ms. Harmon has participated in more than 200 mediations and arbitrations and provides executive partnership on liability, compliance and corporate issues, mergers and acquisitions, medical-legal matters, regulatory matters, stop loss and risk management/mitigation issues. She conducts mediations and arbitration through USA&M, previously provided conflict resolution services for the U.S. Department of Agriculture and served as a mediator for the EEOC.
Prior to entering the legal profession, Ms. Harmon was involved in healthcare administration and nursing management for hospitals in the St. Louis area, with responsibility for operations, crisis intervention, strategic planning, budgets, and personnel management. Her background as an attorney and registered nurse led her to embrace a philosophy of justice with compassion.
• Association of Missouri Mediators (Member)
• Center for Patient Safety PSO (Board of Directors)
• Association of Corporate Counsel (Member)
• American Health Lawyers Association (Member)
• St. Louis Association of Healthcare Risk Managers (Member and past President/Board Member)
• St. Louis Area Health Lawyers Association (Member)
• St. Louis Audubon Society (Board of Directors)
• Missouri Bar Committee Member – Alternative Dispute Resolution
• Health and Hospital Law
• Employment Law and Workers Compensation