• University of Missouri-Columbia – B.S. in Agricultural Journalism (1978)
• University of Missouri-Columbia – J. D. (1981)
• University of Missouri-Columbia Mediation Training for Civil Cases (2019)
• Advanced Mediation Training (2020)
• USA&M – Advanced Mediator Training (2023)
Mr. Minnick is an experienced lawyer with diverse experience. He has been a trial lawyer, general practitioner, prosecutor, arbitrator, mediator, expert witness and served for nearly 6 years as the Missouri Securities Commissioner. He has been a business lawyer and served as General Counsel for 2 Public Companies and their subsidiaries. He has been an advocate for clients in AAA and NASD (now FINRA) arbitrations and has been an advocate in mediations arising from a wide variety of disputes in state and federal courts and arbitration forums. He has served as an arbitrator in securities arbitrations and mediated regulatory disputes. In addition to his work in the Financial Services and Banking industries, he has actively participated in probate and competency matters, breach of contract, real estate, construction, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, personal injury, and administrative proceedings. He has represented Claimants as well as Respondents in Securities Arbitrations. He is on the Roster of Arbitrators of the American Arbitration Association (AAA). Mr. Minnick has served as a Certified Neutral for the U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri since July 28, 2020.
• Missouri Bar
• Member of the Executive Committee of the SIFMA Compliance & Legal Society (2011-2015)