• A.B., Washington University, 1985
• J.D., Washington University, 1993
• Northwestern University School of Professional Studies Mediation Skills Training Program 2015
• USA&M Advanced Mediator Training 2018
• Advanced Title IX training 2022 (Title IX Solutions, LLC)
*See online calendar below*
Ann Davis Shields is the Professor of Practice and Director of Pretrial Practice and Settlement at Washington University School of Law and teaches Legal Practice and Negotiation. Professor Shields also directs the law school’s Pretrial Practice and Settlement courses.
Professor Shields performs investigations for school boards throughout Missouri to assess the viability of student, staff or faculty allegations of district policy violations. She has mediated employment and ADA disputes in Missouri and Kansas. She is an active member of the St. Louis Mediation Project, which provides free mediation services in the courts and the community.
Since 2005, Professor Shields has served as the law school’s Ombudsperson. She has received several teaching awards, including the David M. Becker Professor of the Year in 2018 and the Missouri Lawyers Weekly’s Women’s Justice Award for Legal Scholars in 2012.
Prior to joining Washington University Law School’s faculty, Professor Shields practiced in the area of Labor and Employment law at the Bryan Cave law firm in St. Louis.
- Missouri Bar, member
- Rule 17 Qualified Mediator
- Member of Panel of Neutrals for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Association of Missouri Mediators
To reserve an appointment online, please click your preferred available date.