- USA&M Advanced Mediator Training 2007-Present
- Indiana Continuing Legal Education Mediation Certification 2006
- University of Notre Dame Law School, cum laude, JD 1985
- University of Missouri-Columbia, cum laude, BA 1982
Advanced Title IX training 2020 (Title IX Solutions, LLC)
*See online calendar below*
Kim has conducted thousands of hours of mediations and arbitrations over the past ten years. Her areas of experience include: employment, real estate, personal injury, sexual misconduct, commercial, insurance and education including special education. She is a tireless advocate for the mediation process and will continue to urge the parties towards settlement until no stone is left unturned.
She has the unique qualifications of prior employment with a big firm defense practice (4 years); in-house counsel (16 years); plaintiffs’ employment work (5 years); and a mediation/arbitration practice (+10 years). Kim uses her background as a litigator and in-house counsel to delve deeply into the facts and law of the dispute to discover the points of dissension, but also and, more importantly, where the points of possible agreement are. Seeing a dispute from these different perspectives allows Kim to persuade the parties and speak effectively to the attorneys to quickly find a successful resolution.
Kim has published numerous legal articles on the subjects of mediation, employee misconduct, sexual harassment, privacy in the workplace and the use of alternative dispute resolution in real estate disputes. She has spoken on mediation topics, not only in the St. Louis metropolitan area, but throughout the country. She has taught Business Law and Ethics to university business school students.
Kim has mediated over 300 cases including disputes over employment issues, real estate sales, insurance coverage and commercial matters. She has acted as an arbitrator in over 50 cases including some of the very first real estate arbitrations in Southern Illinois. In addition, she has advocated for her clients in many mediations and arbitrations. Kim may be reached directly at kimlkirnlaw.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Missouri and Illinois Bars
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Association of Attorney Mediators, Board Member & Secretary
- Madison County Bar Association
- Women’s Law Association
- Publicly elected member of Glen Carbon Library, 2005-2010
- Glen Carbon, IL Zoning Board of Appeals, 2003-2006
- Winner of the Kimmel Leadership Award, 2004
- FINRA (Financial Industries Regulatory Authority) Arbitrator and Mediator