Retired Federal Judge, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
- USA&M Transitional Mediator Training, 2008
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, Mediator Training for Civil Cases, 2008
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, J.D.
- Southeast Missouri State University, B.A.
*See online calendar below*
Former Federal Judge Stephen N. Limbaugh, Sr. is a member of the Limbaugh Firm in Cape Girardeau, MO. During his distinguished legal career, Judge Limbaugh has presided over, ruled on and has been involved in virtually every aspect of federal law and issues associated with complex business litigation including antitrust, class action, intellectual property, personal injury, product liability and securities matters. He provides strategic counseling to clients throughout the U.S. in trial strategy, case assessment, advice re-jury selection and assessing the value of cases. Additionally, Judge Limbaugh serves as a mentor to the firm’s associates, overseeing preparation of negotiation strategies and trial techniques.
From 1983 to 2008, Judge Limbaugh served as a United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Missouri. Prior to being appointed by President Ronald Reagan in 1983, he was in private law practice and served as a prosecuting attorney and city attorney for Cape Girardeau County Missouri. Prior to Judge Limbaugh’s legal career, he served in the U.S. Navy and served for eighteen months at the end of World War II. Judge Limbaugh may be reached directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Missouri Bar (President, 1982-1983)
- American Bar Association (House of Delegates, 1987-1991)
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis; Missouri Supreme Court Rules Committee (1970-1980)
- American Law Institute
- American Bar Foundation (Fellow)
- American College of Probate Counsel (Fellow)