• USA&M Advanced & Transitional Mediator Training, 2002
• University of Missouri School of Law, Mediator Training, 2002
• Washington University School of Law, J.D. 1959
• Washington University, A.B. 1958
• USA&M Advanced Mediator Training, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2016
• USA&M Practical Skills Training for the New Arbitrator, 2016
Mr. Raskas has been a partner in Goffstein, Raskas, Pomerantz, Kraus and Sherman, LLC since 1997. Previously, he was a partner in the law firm of Raskas, Ruthmeyer, Pomerantz, Wynne and Garavaglia. He was the City Attorney for the City of Manchester, as Counsel for the City of Webster Groves, and as Counsel for the St. Louis City Police Board. As a practicing attorney he has participated in a wide variety of civil cases including professional malpractice involving physicians, attorneys, architects, engineers, insurance agents and brokerages and real estate agents and brokerages, product liability, automobile and premises liability, intentional torts, construction litigation, FELA and Jones Act cases, real estate litigation (including title insurance defense litigation), securities litigation, general business litigation, intellectual property litigation and employment law litigation. He has served as adjunct professor at Washington University School of Law since 1982. He has lectured extensively on trial practice and civil procedure. Mr. Raskas has participated in over 100 mediations as an advocate for the parties and has served as a mediator in cases involving complex business disputes, securities disputes, construction disputes, automobile and premises personal injury cases, Jones Act cases, product liability cases, FELA cases and medical negligence cases. For additional information regarding Mr. Raskas, please go to Goffstein, Raskas, Pomerantz, Kraus & Sherman, L.L.C. .
• Missouri Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
• Lawyers Association of St. Louis
• He has served on the board of directors of various community service organizations and privately held business entities. e.g. He served as Board Chairman of a neck wear manufacturer from 1993-2002 and lead effort resulting in the sale of the company, and has sat and still sits on various types of existing and start up private business boards of directors.