• A.B. in Philosophy, Washington University in St. Louis (1983)
• J.D. magna cum laude, Boston University School of Law (1986)
• Mediation Training for Civil Cases, University of Missouri School of Law Center for the Study of Dispute Resolution (2014)
• Advanced Arbitration Academy, University of Southern California – JAMS Arbitration Institute (2016)
• Arbitrator Training, USA&M/University of Missouri – Kansas City (2016)
Founding shareholder of Jacobson Press & Fields P.C. (2015 to present) and Green Jacobson, P.C. (1995-2014), both well-regarded civil litigation law firms in St. Louis, Missouri. Mr. Jacobson has 30 years of experience trying complex civil cases and appeals, as well as representing parties in mediations and arbitrations. He has also served as a mediator in civil cases. He has tried to a verdict or judgment in over 65 cases and has been the primary lawyer in over 90 appeals. Mr. Jacobson’s cases have involved almost every kind of business dispute imaginable, including partnership and fiduciary duty claims, contract disputes, real estate development disputes, adverse possession, and the diversion of surface waters, as well as cases involving fraud, RICO, or other business misconduct, patent validity and infringement, eminent domain, a union’s duty of fair representation, and the prosecution and defense of class actions.
Mr. Jacobson regularly represents both plaintiffs and defendants. He has represented such diverse clients as automobile dealers, real estate developers, Indian tribes, furniture retailers, gaming companies, energy companies, and construction contractors, as well as individuals who have been defrauded, crashed, blown up and burned, sexually harassed, discriminated against, deprived of commissions, misdiagnosed, mistreated, or falsely charged with dishonest conduct. Mr. Jacobson successfully represented Chuck Berry in a lawsuit brought by his former piano sideman for copyright infringement. Mr. Jacobson was nominated by the Appellate Judicial Commission for a seat on the Missouri Supreme Court in 2011.
• Member, Missouri Bar
• American Bar Association
• Bar Association of Metro. St. Louis
• Admitted to practice Missouri, Illinois, and District of Columbia
• Member of the Bars of: U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Courts of Appeals for 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 8th, and Federal Circuits, U.S. District Courts for Eastern and Western Missouri, and Central and Southern Illinois, and U.S. Court of Federal Claims
• Member, Missouri Bar Fee Dispute Committee, BAMSL Bench & Bar Committee